Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumn








Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird
I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.

George Eliot

Autumn is finally here and good riddance to summer.  Although I'm sure we'll be on the receiving end of a few more summer-like scorchers before we get dragged into the delicious gloom. I always feel cheated when I turn the calendar to September and the weather doesn't immediately comply with crisp mornings, apple-scented afternoons and shivery nights.  But after a summer of busy, sometimes frustrating, activity, I'll take autumn on whatever terms it's offering.

On the writing front, Chicks Unravel Time is being prepped for the printer for its November release.  After going over the final PDF file of the manuscript, and reading a fantastic email from my co-editor, I've fallen in love with the book all over again.  Anyone who has ever worked on a long writing project knows the "sloggy middle" and "the bit where you never want to see this book again" but that is only temporary and gets pushed aside when it's all polished and pretty and the heart of the thing is opened for everyone to see.

I'm also very pleased to be a part of Outside In edited by Robert Smith?



If you are a Doctor Who fan I can almost guarantee you know someone in this book. While I think Robert is absolutely insane for working with 160 writers I have to admire his chutzpah and his vision. But mostly his chutzpah. ;-)  I'm really looking forward to reading all the contributions. (My perspective was on "The Claws of Axos" - Jo Grant's knickers, Bill Filer's sideburns and delicious Master snark - j'adore!)  Also noteworthy - this is the first book from the fledgling ATB Publishing. I wish them all the success with this and future projects!

As always, autumn feels like a new beginning. I can't wait for what comes next.




No comments:

Post a Comment